To simplify your trip planning we have automatically provided affordable trip cancellation insurance to all campers attending Youth University residential programs. We want to help put your mind at ease, knowing the investment that is made for your student/child is safe and not at risk due to unforeseen cancellations. Having the peace of mind provided by cancellation insurance ensures that parents are reimbursed their full, unused fees which have been paid to Brock University if their child becomes sick or is unable to attend for any other reason. It is important to note that your group has the opportunity to opt out of the cancellation insurance if you wish.
Because life happens!
Our insurance covers a cancellation of the trip/camp due to many common reasons; a number of them listed below:
- Change in health (broken bone, sick, etc)
- Unwillingness to attend or a simple change of mind
- Family emergencies
- Poor behavior at school or home
- Low marks Scheduling conflicts due to sports tournaments or other engagements
- Prior to arrival and including the day of arrival: Full reimbursement of trip/camp fees paid to Brock University (minus insurance fees).
- During the trip: Reimbursement of trip/camp fees paid to Brock University is refunded based on percentage of the trip remaining (minus insurance fees).
- Refunds do not include insurance price.
- Cancellation insurance only applies to Brock University fees and does not include other costs that the school may have incurred such as bus fees.
- Registration for cancellation insurance occurs at the time of registration; payment will be included in your first installment.
- The decision to purchase insurance is made by the group/school rather than by the individual participant.
- When insurance is purchased upon registration, refunds will be issued according to the cancellation insurance policy benefits. Our standard cancellation policy is in effect when insurance is not purchased upon registration.
- All cancellation requests must be made in writing, and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cancellation Insurance Price per Student|
|Mini Camp (1 night)||$7.50|
|Basic Camp (2 nights)||$10.00|
Opting Out of Cancellation Insurance –
Our Standard Cancellation Policy
Should you decide to opt out of cancellation insurance for your group, our standard cancellation policy stipulates:
- Cancellation 20 business days or more before your arrival date for any student will result in a $50.00 administration fee per student.
- No refund is given when cancellation is received less than 20 business days before or on the date of arrival.
All requests for refunds must be submitted in writing or by email to email@example.com