Our Staff Mentors
Our Staff Mentors
- A select group of Brock University students drawn from a pool of hundreds of applicants inspired to make a difference in the lives of children
- Many have plans to become teachers, educators, community leaders and motivators
- Among our staff there are aspiring musicians, social workers, film makers, actors, comedians, teachers, principles, politicians, scientists and therapists.
- Each staff is chosen based on their knowledge, past experiences, passions, and potential.
- Our staff are encouraged to have fun, be creative, and inject excitement into every part of their job.
Each individual connecting with Youth University is invited to create COMMUNITY, support CHARACTER development, and inspire CURIOSITY!
At Youth University we recognize that a high quality program is built on a foundation of high quality staff. It is for this reason that our staff are selected and trained to represent the highest standard in service, commitment and quality in experiential education
Our staff are outstanding leaders, role models, and experts in their chosen fields. They are carefully selected for their professionalism, expertise, attention to safety, and love for helping people to learn and develop through adventurous learning experiences. All of our staff receive comprehensive training in experiential learning theory and activities, facilitation skills, and risk management. We also provide our climbing staff with technical training on our low and high ropes course and our climbing wall. It is required that all program delivery staff be trained in standard first aid and CPR and have a current police check.
“The staff were energetic and encouraging. The activities fit in directly with our curriculum and leadership course material.” D. Stamper, Appleby College.