Back to list...
Six Principles Of Sustainable Development
The Ontario Round Table members believe that these goals are attainable,
based on six fundamental principles that resulted from the Round Table's
research and consultations:
- Anticipating and preventing problems is better than trying to react
and fix them after they occur.
- Accounting must reflect all long-term environmental and economic
costs, not just those of the current market.
- The best decisions are those based on sound, accurate, and up-to-date
- We must live off the interest our environment provides and not destroy
its capital base.
- The quality of social and economic development must take precedence
- We must respect nature and the rights of future generations.