Diane P. Dupont
Department of Economics
Diane P. Dupont
Professor of Economics
Research Co-ordinator, Brock Environmental Sustainability Research Centre
Office Location on Campus: Plaza Building Room 441
Phone: 905-688-5550 ext 3129
Research Website: Canadian Water Economics
Ph.D. (Economics), The University of British Columbia, 1988
Fields: Environmental and Natural Resources and Public Finance
Areas of Research Interest:
Non-market valuation, Environmental Economics, Fisheries Economics
Chancellor's Chair for Research Excellence, Brock University, 2006-2009
Associate Editor, Canadian Water Resources Journal, 2011-
Associate Editor, Water Resources Research, 2011-
Associate Editor, Society and Natural Resources, 2010-
Associate Editor, Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 2007-2010.
Member, North American Association of Fisheries Economists, 2011-2014
Elected Researcher Member, Canadian Water Network Board of Directors, 2010-2012
Member, North American Association of Fisheries Economists, 2003-2007
Member and Chair (2008-2009) of the Scientific Advisory Committee for the Worldfish Centre, Penang, Malaysia, 2007-2009.
- Dupont, D.P. and Bateman, I. J. 2012 "Political Affiliation And Willingness To Pay: An Examination of the Nature of Benefits and Means of Provision" Ecological Economics. 75:43-51.
- Day, B., Bateman, I., Carson, R. Dupont, D.P., Louviere, J., Morimoto, S., Scarpa, R., and Wang, P. 2012.“Order Effects and Choice Set Awareness in Repeat-Response Stated Preference Studies”. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management. 63:73-91.
- Adamowicz, W., Dupont, D.P., Krupnick, A., and Zhang, J. 2011. “Valuation of Cancer and Microbial Disease Risk Reductions in Municipal Drinking Water: An Analysis of Risk Context Using Multiple Valuation Methods” Journal of Environmental Economics and Management. 61(2):213-226.
- Dupont, D. P., Adamowicz, W.L., and Krupnick, A. 2010. "Differences in Water Consumption Choices in Canada: the Role of Socio-demographics, Experiences, and Perceptions of Health Risks" Journal of Water and Health. 8(4): 671-686.
- Bateman, I.J., Day, B.H., Dupont, D. P. and Georgiou, S. 2009 "Procedural invariance testing of the one-and-one-half-bound dichotomous choice elicitation method" The Review of Economics and Statistics. 91(4): 806-820.
- Renzetti, S. and Dupont, D.P. 2009. "Measuring the Technical Efficiency of Municipal Water Suppliers: the Role of Environmental Factors" Land Economics. 85(4): 627-636.