The deadline to apply to the MA in Social Justice and Equity Studies is February 1st.
In keeping with its interdisciplinary character, the program welcomes students from a variety of academic backgrounds.
- Applicants will normally hold an honours undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum average of 75%.
- Applicants will be expected to be proficient in English.*
- Applicants must supply three letters of reference - submitted electronically only
- Applicants must supply a statement of interest outlining their research background, interests and goals (2 page maximum).
- Applicants must supply a current resume or curriculum vitae
*Please note that while the University specifies a minimum TOEFL of 550 and a TWE of 4.0, minimum SJES program requirements are TOEFL 580 and TWE 4.5.
Students have the option of pursuing a program of course work with a thesis, or course work with a major essay. Individuals interested in part-time options should consult with the Director.
Applications are due February 1st in each year for September entry into the program. Students are required to enter the program in September.
To see what Graduates of our program did after completing the program please check out our Graduates page.