Faculty of Social Science - MA in Critical Sociology
The deadline to apply to the MA in Critical Sociology is February 1st.
Applications are now being accepted for the MA in Critical Sociology program. Application is on-line and requires the following:
- Applicants will normally hold an honours undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum average of 75%. If you are applying with a non-sociology background, please address how your training prepares you to pursue this degree program.
- Applicants will be expected to be proficient in English.*
- Applicants must supply three letters of reference (submitted electronically)
- Applicants must supply a statement of interest outlining their research background, interests and goals (2 pages maximum).
- Applicants must supply a current resume or curriculum vitae
*Please note that while the University specifies a minimum TOEFL of 550 and a TWE of 4.0, minimum MACS program requirements are TOEFL 580 and TWE 4.5.
Students have the option of pursuing a program of course work with a thesis, or course work with a major essay. Individuals interested in part-time options should consult with the Director.
Part-time students are advised that courses are generally scheduled in the Fall/Winter terms only and that they are often offered only during the day and cannot be completed through evening courses alone
Applications are due on February 1st each year for September entry into the program. Students are required to enter the program in September.
The Admission Committee will review all applications and offer admission to a limited number of suitable candidates.
For further details on application requirements and for the online application please go to: