Department of Economics
Associate Professor of Economics
Office Location on Campus: Plaza Building Room 429
Phone: 905-68-5550 ext., 3327
Ph.D. Economics University of Chicago 1987
MA Economics University of Western Ontario 1979
MM Statistics University of Waterloo 1978
B.Sc. Honours Computations and Statistics McMaster University 1977
Areas of Interest
- Time Series Econometrics Forecasting in Economics
- Economics Department Undergraduate Advisor
- Veloce W. and Faroque A. (2008), " Fundamentals versus the Leading Index- The Forecasting of Canada's output growth since 1991: An Encompassing Approach" Forthcoming in Applied Economics
- Veloce W. and Dimand R. W. (2007), " Charles F. Roos, Harold T. Davis, and the Quantitative Approach to Business Cycles Analysis at the Cowles Commission in the 1930's and early 1940's", European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Vol. 14, No. 3, 519-542. Routledge, Oxfordshore, UK.
- Veloce W. (2004), " Forecasting Inbound Canadian Tourists: An Evaluation of Error Corrections Model Forecasts", Tourism Economics, Volume 10, Number 3, 263-280, IP Publishing Limited, Coleridge House, London, UK
- Veloce W. (1996), "An Evaluation of the Leading Indicators for the Canadian Economy Using Time Series Analysis", International Journal of Forecasting, Volume 12, 403-416, Elsevier Science B.V., Â North Holland.
- Veloce W. and Z. Koustas, Â (1996), "Unemployment Hysteresis in Canada: An Approach Based on Long-Memory Time Series Models", Applied Economics, Volume 28, 823-831, Chapman and Hall, London U.K..