Robert W. Dimand
Department of Economics
Robert W. Dimand
Professor of Economics
Office Location on Campus: Plaza Building Room 426
Phone: 905-688-5550 ext., 3125
Education: PhD (1983), MPhil (1980), MA (1979) Yale University (Economics) and BA (1978) McGill (Economics and History)
Areas of Interest
- Development of macroeconomics
- History of Game Theory
- History of Women in Economics
- Origins of the Efficient Markets Hypothesis
- Brock Chancellor's Chair for Research Excellence (2002-2005)
- Faculty of Social Sciences Award for Excellence in Teaching (2012)
- Faculty of Graduate Studies Mentoring Award (2013)
- R. W. Dimand, James Tobin, London and Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, Great Thinkers in Economics Series, forthcoming November 2014.
- R. W. Dimand, R. A. Mundell, and A. Vercelli (eds.) (2010) Keyne's General Theory After Seventy Years, London and Basingstoke, Palgrave Macmillan, International Economic Association conference series No. 147.
- R. W. Dimand, M. A. Dimand, and E. L. Forget (eds.) (2000), A Biographical Dictionary of Women Economists, Cheltenham, UK, and Northampton, MA: Edward Elgar; paperback 2004.
- M. A. Dimand and R. W. Dimand (1996), A History of Game Theory, Vol. I, From the Beginnings to 1945, London and New York: Routledge; paperback 2014.
R. W. Dimand (2014) “HES Presidential Address: The Global Economic Crisis in Light of the History of Interwar Monetary Economics,” Journal of the History of Economic Thought 36:1 (March), 1-22.
R. W. Dimand and Rebeca Gomez Betancourt (2012) “Retrospectives: Irving Fisher’s Appreciation and Interest (1896) and the Fisher Relation,” Journal of Economic Perspectives 26:4 (Fall), 185-196.
Hichem Ben-El-Mechaiekh and R. W. Dimand (2011) “A Simpler Proof of the Von Neumann Minimax Theorem,” American Mathematical Monthly 118:7 (August), 636-641.
Hichem Ben-El-Mechaiekh and R. W. Dimand (2010) “Von Neumann, Ville, and the Minimax Theorem,” International Game Theory Review 12:2 (June), 115-137.
Ann Mari May and R.W. Dimand (2009) "Trouble in the Inaugural Issue of the American Economic Review: The Cross/Eaves Controversy", Journal of Economic Perspectives 23:3, 189-204.
Hichem Ben-El-Mechaiekh and R.W. Dimand (2007) "On the Von Neumann Minimax Theorem", Fixed Point Theory and Its Applications, Banach Center Publications 77,23-34.