Diane P. Dupont
Department of Economics
Diane P. Dupont
Professor of Economics
Associate Dean, Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of Social Sciences
Office Location on Campus: Plaza Building Room 441
Phone: 905-688-5550 ext 3129
Research Website: Canadian Water Economics
Ph.D. (Economics), The University of British Columbia, 1988
Fields: Environmental and Natural Resources and Public Finance
Areas of Research Interest:
Non-market valuation, Environmental Economics, Fisheries Economics
Brock University Distinguished Research and Creative Activity Award, 2012
Chancellor's Chair for Research Excellence, Brock University, 2006-2009
Associate Editor, Canadian Water Resources Journal, 2011-
Associate Editor, Water Resources Research, 2011-
Associate Editor, Society and Natural Resources, 2010-2013
Associate Editor, Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 2007-2010.
Member, North American Association of Fisheries Economists, 2011-2014
Elected Researcher Member, Canadian Water Network Board of Directors, 2010-2012
Member, North American Association of Fisheries Economists, 2003-2007
Member and Chair (2008-2009) of the Scientific Advisory Committee for the Worldfish Centre, Penang, Malaysia, 2007-2009.
Zhang, J., Adamowicz, W., Dupont, D.P. and Krupnick, A. (accepted) “Assessing the Extent of Altruism in the Valuation of Community Drinking Water Quality Improvements” Water Resources Research.
Bruneau, J., Dupont, D.P. and Renzetti, S. (accepted) “Economic Instruments, Innovation and Efficient Water Use” Canadian Public Policy.
Dupont, D. P. 2013 “Water Use Restrictions Or Wastewater Recycling? A Canadian Willingness To Pay Study For Reclaimed Wastewater” Water Resources & Economics. 1(1): 61-74.
- Dupont, D.P. and Bateman, I. J. 2012 "Political Affiliation And Willingness To Pay: An Examination of the Nature of Benefits and Means of Provision" Ecological Economics. 75:43-51.
- Day, B., Bateman, I., Carson, R. Dupont, D.P., Louviere, J., Morimoto, S., Scarpa, R., and Wang, P. 2012.“Order Effects and Choice Set Awareness in Repeat-Response Stated Preference Studies”. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management. 63:73-91.
- Adamowicz, W., Dupont, D.P., Krupnick, A., and Zhang, J. 2011. “Valuation of Cancer and Microbial Disease Risk Reductions in Municipal Drinking Water: An Analysis of Risk Context Using Multiple Valuation Methods” Journal of Environmental Economics and Management. 61(2):213-226.
- Dupont, D. P., Adamowicz, W.L., and Krupnick, A. 2010. "Differences in Water Consumption Choices in Canada: the Role of Socio-demographics, Experiences, and Perceptions of Health Risks" Journal of Water and Health. 8(4): 671-686.
- Bateman, I.J., Day, B.H., Dupont, D. P. and Georgiou, S. 2009 "Procedural invariance testing of the one-and-one-half-bound dichotomous choice elicitation method" The Review of Economics and Statistics. 91(4): 806-820.
- Renzetti, S. and Dupont, D.P. 2009. "Measuring the Technical Efficiency of Municipal Water Suppliers: the Role of Environmental Factors" Land Economics. 85(4): 627-636.