Centre for Applied Disability Studies
We encourage all interested students to review our admission requirements to determine eligibility for Graduate Studies at Brock University.
Our online application and accompanying instructions can be found on our website.
Please refer to your specific program of interest (MA, M.ADS, Diploma) for application deadlines and additional application materials as they vary by program. We encourage students applying to the MA program to also consider applying to M.ADS in case they do not get into the MA program. Both programs include the ABA specialization and the BACB approved course sequence.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Application Information and Tips:
1. Be sure to select the appropriate program:
MA - Master of Arts in Applied Disability Studies
M.ADS - Master of Applied Disability Studies
Diploma - Diploma in Applied Disability Studies
You will only be considered for the program (s) for which you have applied. If you are unsure which program is the one you are looking for, please review the various programs on our website for details prior to completing the application.
What's the difference between the M.ADS and MA program?
2. You can apply to more than one program; All choices will be given equal consideration within the application pool of each program. If you do wish to apply to more than one program, you must supply the supporting materials for EACH program (this includes transcripts, letters of reference, CV's, etc.).
3. Statement of Intent: The Centre for Applied Disability Studies does not have specific formatting requirements for your statement of intent. You may format it in any way you wish, so long as you limit it to the number of pages specified in the application instructions. MA applicants should include in their letter their research experience and the name of any Faculty Member(s) with whom they would like to have as a thesis supervisor.
4. Letters of Reference: Referees must fill out the online form provided through the application process. Please contact the Faculty of Graduate Studies for questions regarding references. Should you wish to change the name of your referee after completing the online portion of the application, please contact the Faculty of Graduate Studies. M.ADS and Diploma applicants may include professional references in lieu of Academic references, however, at least one (1) Academic reference is preferred, when possible.
5. We cannot pre-assess your eligibility prior to application. Applications are reviewed by the committee after the deadline date and eligibility is determined at that time. Please review the admission requirements to find out if you meet the program's minimum eligibility.
6. The application deadline is January 15th of each year. Please apply by that date even if your supporting materials will not be submitted by that date. Preference will be given to applicants who have submitted their complete application package (including all supporting application materials such as transcripts, letters of reference, CV, etc) by February 1st. Only complete applications will be reviewed. If your application is not submitted and complete by February 1st there is no guarantee it will be reviewed in the first round of admissions. We will review all late applications for admission in our subsequent admission rounds if there is still room in the programs.
7. Any changes to your application or personal information must be conveyed to the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
8. Please read the application instructions available here thoroughly before filling out your application.