student authors are denoted with *
Cote, K.A., * Jancsar, C., * Hunt, B. (2015). Event-related neural response to emotional picture stimuli following sleep deprivation, Psychology and Neuroscience, 8:102-13.
Cote, K.A., Mondloch, C.J., *Sergeeva, V., *Taylor, M., *Semplonius, T. (2014). Impact of total sleep deprivation on behavioural neural processing of emotionally expressive faces. Experimental Brain Research, 232:1429-42.
* Renn, R.P., Cote, K.A. (2013). Performance monitoring following total sleep deprivation: Effects of task type and error rate. International Journal of Psychophysiology, 88: 64-73.
Cote, K.A., McCormick, C.M., * Geniole, S.N., * Renn, R.P., * MacAulay, S.D. (2013). Sleep deprivation lowers aggression and testosterone in men. Biological Psychology, 92: 249-56.
Cote, K. Chapter 329. Sleep, Biological Rhythms and Performance. Encyclopedia of Human Behavior, 2nd Edition, V.S. Ramachandran (Editor-in-Chief), Academic Press, 2518 pages 2012.
* MacLean, M.H., Arnell, K.M., Cote, K.A. (2012). Resting EEG in alpha and beta bands predicts individual differences in AB magnitude. Brain and Cognition, 78: 218-29.
Yasuda, K., * Ray, L.B., and Cote, K.A. (2011). Anticipatory attention during the sleep onset period. Consciousness and Cognition, 20: 912-19.
* Kertesz, R.S. & Cote, K.A. (2011). Event-related potentials reveal failure to inhibit stimuli during the pre-sleep waking period for patients with sleep-onset insomnia. Behavioral Sleep Medicine, 9, 68–85.
Perlis, M., Gehrman, P., Terzano, M., Cote, K., and Riemann D. Sleep EEG in patients with Primary Insomnia. In: Insomnia: Diagnosis and Treatment. Eds. Michael J. Sateia, Daniel Buysse. Informa Healthcare USA, Inc. Chapter 6 pp.50-64. 2010. Essex UK.
Cote, K.A., * Milner C.E., * Smith, B.A., * Aubin, A.J., * Greason, T.A., * Cuthbert, B.P., * Kertesz, R.S., * Wiebe, S., * Duffus, S.E.G. (2009). CNS arousal, attention, and neurobehavioural performance in a short-term sleep restriction paradigm. Journal of Sleep Research 18, 291-303.
* Milner, C.E., * Cuthbert, B.P., * Kertesz, R.S., & Cote, K.A. (2009). Sensory processing in waking, non-REM, and REM sleep states in good and poor sleepers. NeuroReport, 20, 331-336.
* Milner, C.E., & Cote, K.A. (2009). Benefits of napping in healthy adults: Impact of nap length, time of day, age, and experience with napping. Journal of Sleep Research, 18, 272-281.
Cote, K.A., * Milner C.E., * Osip, S.L., * Baker, M.L. & * Cuthbert B.P. (2008). Physiological arousal and attention during a week of continuous sleep restriction. Physiology and Behavior, 95, 353-364.
* Milner C.E., & Cote, K.A. (2008). A dose-response investigation of the benefits of napping in healthy young, middle, and older adult age groups. Sleep and Biological Rhythms 6, 2-15.
* Fogel S.M., Smith, C.T., & Cote K.A. (2007). Dissociable learning-dependent changes in REM and non-REM sleep in declarative and procedural memory systems. Behavioral Brain Research, 180, 48-61.
* Fogel, S. M., Nader, R., Cote, K. A., & Smith, C. T. (2007). Sleep spindles and learning potential. Behavioual Neuroscience, 121, 1-10.
* Milner, C.E., * Fogel, S.M., & Cote, K.A. (2006). Habitual napping moderates motor performance improvements following a short daytime nap. Biological Psychology, 73, 141-156.
Schmidt, L.A., Cote, K.A., * Santesso, D.L., & * Milner, C.E. (2003). Frontal electroencephalogram alpha asymmetry during sleep: Frontal electroencephalogram (EEG) alpha asymmetry during sleep: Stability and its relation to affective style. Emotion, 3, 401-407.
Cote, K.A., * Milner, C.E., * Osip S.L., * Baxter, K.D., & * Ray, L.B. (2003). Waking quantitative Electroencephalogram and auditory event-related potentials following experimentally-induced sleep fragmentation. Sleep, 26, 687-694. See commentary: Colrain IM. (2003). Novel measures of daytime central nervous system function following sleep disruption. Sleep, 26, 650-651.