Sunday August 14th – Wednesday August 17th
Conference Fee: $50.00
Application Deadline: Monday July 25th/2016
Conference Registration is limited to 25 participants
What is STRATEGIES?
STRATEGIES is a transition program offered by Services for Students with Disabilities designed specifically for students with learning disabilities. The new demands of the post-secondary academic environment are numerous! This program has been created to address the unique challenges faced by students with a learning disability during the transition to university life. An important part of our transitions model is that first year students receive ongoing transition support throughout their entire first year academic experience.
STRATEGIES programs are funded by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
- Is a workshop based program designed to offer an introduction to university life
- Workshops include: understanding you psycho-educational assessment, note taking strategies, study strategies, introduction to university teaching and learning elements (e.g. lecture, seminar, lab, tutorial etc.), time management and organization, using assistive technology, self advocacy
- If you are a student with a diagnosed learning disability and looking for a hands-on program then STRATEGIES is for you.
- Students stay over night in residence
- Four day conference
- Learn about SSWD services
- Learn about yourself through self advocacy discussions
- Meet other students entering first year university
- This multi-day event will address the specific needs of students with learning disabilities in the post-secondary environment