Policy and Legislation
Access to post-secondary education for persons with disabilities in Ontario is governed by federal and provincial human rights legislation.
Ontario Law and Legislation:
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA, 2005)
- AODA - Accessibility Standards for Customer Service 429/07
- AODA - Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation 191/11
Includes: General Requirements, Information and Communications Standards, Employment Standards, Transportation Standards, and Design of Public Spaces Standards (Accessibility Standards for the Built Environment)
- OHRC: The opportunity to succeed: Achieving barrier-free education for students with disabilities
Brock University Policy:
Policy regarding the accommodation of students with disabilities at Brock University have been developed with respect to the above legislation.
- Brock University Accessibility (AODA) Policy
- Academic Accommodation for Students with Disabilities Policy