About the Office of the VPR
The Office of the Vice President, Research supports Brock’s faculty from across all disciplines to explore new research and scholarship opportunities and strengthen existing ones.
This is accomplished primarily through the Office of Research Services (ORS), the roles and functions of which include:
• advising researchers on funding opportunities
• assisting with applications for research grants
• providing direction on financial management
• conducting ethics reviews
• liaising with national granting councils and provincial agencies in the negotiation of research contracts
• promoting our researchers’ work in the media and at public events
• connecting our researchers with industrial partners and fostering those relationships
In addition to overseeing ORS, the Office of the Vice President, Research is also responsible for:
• articulating the broader vision and direction of the institution’s research through the development and implementation of the Brock 2013 Research Plan
• overseeing five transdisciplinary research institutes and centres as well as the other research groupings such as the Niagara Community Observatory and the Cool Climate Oenology and Viticulture Institute (CCOVI)
Support across the board
The Office of the Vice-President, Research provides a wide variety of support for Brock's researchers, spearheads a strategic research plan, oversees research groups and contributes to provincial and federal research initiatives.