Natural Sciences & Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
"NSERC (the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada) is the national instrument for making strategic investments in Canada's capability in science and technology. NSERC supports both basic university research through research grants and project research through partnerships of universities with industry, as well as the advanced training of highly qualified people in both areas." NSERC Online
- Discovery Grants Information Centre
- Research Portal Webinars
- Program Guide
- Policies and Guidelines
- Eligibility Criteria
- NSERC Frequently Asked Questions
- Resource Videos
- Login to On-Line System
- Login to Research Portal
- Login to Canadian Common CV
On February 27, 2015, CIHR, NSERC and SSHRC unveiled the new harmonized Tri-Agency Open Access Policy on Publications. The policy is modeled after CIHR’s policy, which had been in effect since 2008. For NSERC- and SSHRC-funded researchers, this new policy will require that all journal publications resulting from grants awarded May 1, 2015, and onwards be freely available to the public within 12 months.
For further information about NSERC grants programs, please contact Josie Reed.
For information about NSERC partnership programs, please contact Louisa Ho.
NSERC Funding Opportunities
• Discovery Grants (DG) — Notification of intent deadline, August 3, 2015; application deadline, November 2, 2015. Applications to the Discovery Grants program now require submission through the Research Portal and the Canadian Common CV. Upcoming applicants are advised to begin their CCVs early as it is required for the NOI stage.
• Research Tools and Instruments Grants (RTI) — Brock University has a quota for the number of RTI applications that can be submitted. DEADLINES: internal notice of intent, August 4, 2015; internal application, September 14, 2015; NSERC application, October 26, 2015. Applications to the Research Tools and Instruments program now require submission through the Research Portal and the Canadian Common CV. Contact: Josie Reed
• Collaborative Research and Training Experience (CREATE) — Brock has a quota of two (2) Letters of Intent (LOI) for the 2015 CREATE competition. Internal deadline for LOI: April 1, 2015; NSERC deadline for LOI: May 1, 2015; for full application (by invitation): September 22, 2015.