Natural Sciences & Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
"NSERC (the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada) is the national instrument for making strategic investments in Canada's capability in science and technology. NSERC supports both basic university research through research grants and project research through partnerships of universities with industry, as well as the advanced training of highly qualified people in both areas." NSERC Online
- Discovery Grants Information Centre
- Research Portal Webinars
- Program Guide
- Policies and Guidelines
- Eligibility Criteria
- NSERC Frequently Asked Questions
- Resource Videos
- Login to On-Line System
- Login to Research Portal (Discovery Grant applications only until further notice)
- Login to Canadian Common CV
Update to Funding Agencies' Joint Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Policy — CFI. CIHR, NSERC and SSHRC have updated their harmonized Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Policy of the Federal Research Funding Organizations.
For further information about NSERC grants programs, please contact Josie Reed.
For information about NSERC partnership programs, please contact Padraic Foley.
NSERC Funding Opportunities
• Discovery Grants (DG) — Notification of intent deadline, August 1, 2014; application deadline, November 3, 2014. Applications to the Discovery Grants program now require submission through the new Research Portal and the Canadian Common CV. Upcoming applicants are advised to begin their CCVs early as it is required for the NOI stage.
NSERC is offering webinars to researchers on how to complete an application on the Research Portal.
• Research Tools and Instruments Grants (RTI) — Brock University has a quota for the number of RTI applications that can be submitted. DEADLINES: internal notice of intent, August 1, 2014; internal application, September 15, 2014; NSERC application, October 27, 2014. Contact: Josie Reed
• Collaborative Research and Training Experience (CREATE) — Brock has a quota of two (2) Letters of Intent (LOI) for the 2015 CREATE competition. Internal deadline for LOI: April 1, 2015; NSERC deadline for LOI: May 1, 2015; for full application (by invitation): September 22, 2015.