External Funding Opportunities
Helping to connect Brock's researchers with outside funding sources
Brock Internal Procedures:
Please be aware of Brock's internal procedures for applying for external research opportunities.
For more information, contact your Research Officer.
The Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) is an independent corporation established by the Government of Canada in 1997, with a goal to strengthen the capability of Canadian universities, colleges, research hospitals, and other not-for-profit institutions to carry out world-class research and technology development.
- Internal process for CFI John R. Evans Leaders Fund (formerly Leaders Opportunity Fund)
- CFI Online
- CFI Policy and Program Guide
- Online Search of Funded Projects
• Canada Research Chairs (CRC)
The Canada Research Chairs Program stands at the centre of a national strategy to make Canada one of the world's top five countries for research and development. In 2000, the Government of Canada allocated $900 million to establish 2,000 research professorships—Canada Research Chairs—in universities across the country.
• National Institutes of Health (NIH)
• Selecting the Appropriate Agency:
For researchers applying to CIHR, NSERC and SSHRC, the Tri-Council has revised the following document: "Selecting the Appropriate Federal Granting Agency"
The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council, and the Canada Foundation for Innovation are working more and more closely together through a number of harmonization and streamlining initiatives, including the joint posting of common web pages. A new link on each agency’s Web site will take visitors to the Research Funding Collaboration web pages. The new pages provide "one-stop shopping" for information about co-operative programs, joint policies, recent highlights and more.
• COS Pivot (formerly COS - Community of Science)
COS Pivot is a comprehensive, editorially maintained database of funding opportunities combined with a unique database of 3 million pre-populated scholar profiles. Pivot's proprietary algorithm compiles pre-populated researcher profiles and matches them to current funding opportunities in the expansive COS Pivot database.
- Create your Pivot Account to take full advantage at https://pivot.cos.com/register
- Explore profiles: http://pivot.cos.com/profiles/main
- Search Funding Opportunities: http://pivot.cos.com/funding_main
- Receive Funding Alerts: http://pivot.cos.com/guides/Funding_Alerts.pdf
- Share searches and opportunities: http://pivot.cos.com/guides/Sharing_Opps.pdf