Do I qualify?
Applicants eligible for transfer credit include those who have:
- completed a minimum of one semester of university study;
- graduated from a two-year diploma program or who have completed a minimum of two years of a three-year diploma program;
- completed a minimum of one semester of an applied college degree program;
- graduated from a two-year CEGEP diploma program or who have completed a minimum of two years of a three-year CEGEP diploma program.
Note: Applicants who have completed one year of a college program or a certificate may be considered for admission to first year with no transfer credits provided that an average of 75 percent has been achieved and the program is of an academic nature.
Secondary school applicants* who have studied under a curriculum listed below may qualify for advanced standing credit. This includes those who have:
- graduated with the International Baccalaureate diploma (departmentally approved HL courses with a minimum grade of 5)
- completed Advanced Placement courses (departmentally approved courses with an examination grade of 4)
- completed GCE/A-level courses (departmentally approved courses with a minimum grade of C or higher)
*Applicants currently attending secondary school or graduates who have not attended any post-secondary studies.
Timeline for receiving a transfer credit assessment
- Brock University makes every attempt to assess and grant transfer credit at the point of admission. A Statement of Standing outlining any assigned transfer credit can be viewed through your my.brocku.ca portal.
- Applicants currently completing a credential will be assessed for additional transfer credit once a final transcript is submitted to Admissions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit a final transcript.
Understanding your transfer credit assessment
Depending on previously completed course work, transfer credit may be awarded as one of the following:
- an exact equivalent (e.g. HIST 1F95)
- an unspecified departmental credit (e.g. 1.0 Year 2 HIST unspecified)
- an unspecified elective credit (e.g. 1.0 Year 1 elective)
Honours and with major degrees offered by Brock University are 20.0 credits; pass (3 Year) degrees are 15 credits. A normal course load is 5.0 credits = one full-time year of study.
The awarding of transfer credit is based primarily upon:
- level of similarity between the college program and Brock degree;
- course content;
- grades achieved in courses.