Accepting Your Offer
Congratulations! You Received an Offer of Admission!
- Carefully read your offer letter to find out whether you need to accept your offer. If you have received an offer of admission for full-time studies you need to ACCEPT it via OUAC at www.ouac.on.ca.
- The offer package will include a Statement of Standing outlining the transfer credit you have been granted (sometimes it comes slightly later if the transfer credit assessment is held up).
Understanding the Admissions Decision
You may have received an offer to your preferred choice of program or to a second or third choice on your application. If you did, congratulations!
Some applicants receive what is called an ‘alternate offer’. Here are possible reasons why:
- you do not meet admission requirements for the program;
- if you applied to a co-op or concurrent education program you may have too many transfer credits;
- your program of choice is full by the time your application is complete and ready for assessment.
For some programs it is relatively easy to request a change in major at the end of year- one at Brock. Some limited enrolment programs are far more difficult to switch into. If you are contemplating applying to change your major, after you accept our offer you need to meet with an academic adviser in the Office of Registrar to discuss options (see http://brocku.ca/registrar/advising).