How to Register
Follow the steps outlined below, or visit the registration tutorials found at:
1. Activate your student portal account
(if you have already activated your student portal account, proceed to Step 2.)
- Go to my.brocku.ca
- Begin with the "Applicant, New, Returning Student or Alumni" link under the "Activate your Account" heading.
- Read and follow the instructions on each screen. This process will provide you with a Brock email account and a Brock computer account. Once you have completed activating your my.brock.ca account, you will receive a message that you have successfully completed the activation process. There will also be a summary of your login ID, your computer account ID and your Brock email address. You may wish to print this page for future reference. Brock University Departments/Centres, as well as the Office of the Registrar, will use your Brock (badger) email address as a means of contacting you. It is your responsibility to check this account often. You cannot forward this email to any other email address you may have.
2. Login to my.brocku.ca
If you are still on the Student Activation Summary page, click on login (the top right corner of the screen) and then login using your Brock Student ID number and your new password.
Alternatively, go to brocku.ca/registrar, select my.brocku.ca on the Web Services menu and login.
3. Select Student Self Serve
Once you have logged in through my.brocku.ca, select the Student Self Serve tab at the top of the page.
4. Select Register and Complete the Declaration
Once you click on “register”, you will be brought to the “Declaration screen”.
First, select the session for which you are registering from the drop-down menu. Your first time on the registration system, you must also confirm your program of study. You must complete each section of the Declaration form before you register. If you have previously completed the form, you will go directly to the Web Registration screen.
If you disagree with any information displayed, click the “I disagree” button under the information in question. Once you have answered each section of the Declaration, click the “Submit Declaration Form” button at the bottom of the screen. You will still be permitted to register if you select “I disagree”.
*Note on Address Confirmation: In order to successfully register you will be required to provide BOTH a mailing and a local address. If you do not complete both when prompted, you will not be able to register.
5. Display the Desired Course and Register
Type the course name (e.g. ABED) and course number (e.g. 4F84) in the appropriate boxes under “Show Available” and select “Go”.
A list of all available sections of the course will appear under “Available Courses”.
Click the “Add” button for the section you wish to add. Location will be displayed for all courses except those being offered at the St. Catharines campus. Your course additions will show in “List of Registered Courses” for “Current Registration” period and a confirmation message of “You have successfully added (course information)” will display.
To Drop a Course
If you wish to drop a course for which you are registered, follow steps 2 through 4 listed above. At step 5, instead of entering a course, scroll down to the “List of Registered Courses for Current Registration Period”. Click on the DROP link shown on “List of Registered Courses for Current Registration Period”. A confirmation message will display to verify the change made and the list of registered courses will be updated.
*Note: This function is only available when the registration system is OPEN.
If you require assistance on how to ADD a course or DROP a course, please use the online tutorial available through the FEEDBACK tab in the student portal (my.brocku.ca).
If you require additional assistance, please contact: 905 688 5550, x3158 (Monday to Friday 8:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. or email firstname.lastname@example.org (be sure to quote your Student ID number).