- How do I sign up to march?
- How do I know which ceremony to attend?
- Where is the ceremony?
- When should I arrive?
- Where do I go to be robed?
- What if I do not own my regalia?
- Can I purchase my own gown or hood?
- I am a Bedel at Convocation. How do I know what my role will be?
Please note, the registration system for Fall 2015 Convocation is currently open.
- Login to the portal at my.brocku.ca
- Open BrockDB
- Click on Employee Access
- Click on ConvocationRegn
- Fill out the subsequent form in entirety. If you encounter any registration problems, we are happy to assist. Please email email@example.com if you require additional information.
- A visual guide to the registration process is available at brocku.ca/webfm_send/16759
How do I know which ceremony to attend?
Convocation ceremonies are organized by faculty. To determine which event to sign up for, refer to the convocation schedule found at www.brocku.ca/registrar/grad/schedule
Where is the ceremony?
The ceremonies are held in the Ian Beddis gymnasium, Walker Complex.
When should I arrive?
30 minutes prior to the ceremony.
Where do I go to be robed?
Dance Studio (beside the Welcome Desk), Walker Complex.
Can I borrow regalia?
Brock gowns and hoods are available for loan and should be returned immediately following the ceremony.
Can I purchase my own gown or hood?
Regalia may be purchased from Imperial Robes, 225 Richmond Street West, Toronto M5V1W2. Call toll free 1 877 897 6237 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a bedel at Convocation. How will I know what my role and duties will be?
A rehearsal will be scheduled to review your role in the ceremony. There, you will receive a copy of Order and Form (stage script) and a copy of the Convocation program. Staff will also be present to assist with the art of "hooding". If you have a speaking role, you may also try out the microphone. If you are unable to attend, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible so that an alternate arrangement can be made.
Brock Faculty are Invited and encouraged to march in the Procession or serve as a Bedel
Bedels are an important part of the Convocation ceremony. If you would like to serve as a bedel, please contact the Dean of your Faculty to volunteer.