Mature Student Application Steps
Those who are not eligible for admission in any other admissions category, who have been out of formal schooling for a minimum of two years and who are at least 21 years old, may be considered for admission as mature applicants. Applicants are limited to applying for entry to General Studies Social Sciences or General Studies Humanities. Mature student admission is only applicable to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Applications are assessed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Admissions decisions will only be made once all required documents are submitted.
Applicants for whom English is a second language must submit evidence of English language Proficiency. This requirement will be included in the acknowledgement email that will be sent once we receive the application. An admissions decision will only be made once a successful test result, and all other required documentation has been submitted.
Choosing the Correct Application
Apply Here: Undergraduate Part-time Application
Note: Part-time application available to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only.
- Submit ‘Part-time application’
- Brock will send an acknowledgement email outlining required documents necessary for assessment and instructions for signing into your personal portal at my.brocku.ca
- Sign into your personal portal at my.brocku.ca
- Forward all supporting documentation including official* academic transcripts directly to the Office of the Registrar – Admissions.
- Check your portal at my.brocku.ca on a regular basis to see if documents have arrived and/or if a decision has been made.
- Accept your offer using the instructions in your offer letter.
- Register in your classes once the registration system opens.
*Official academic transcripts must be sent directly from academic institutions or testing bodies (they can never be in your possession or they are not considered official!).