Certificate Application Steps
- General Admission Notes
- Choosing the Correct Application
- Process for Applying (105D Applicants Only)
- Supplementary Document Submissions
General Admission Notes
Applicants can expect to receive an offer of admission to only one program. When more than one Brock program is indicated on the application, the highest choice listed for Brock will be considered first. If not eligible for the first choice, consideration will be given to subsequent choices in the order of preference the applicant has indicated. If an applicant applies to only one Brock program, and does not qualify, in most cases consideration will automatically be given for an alternate and related program.
Applications are assessed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Admissions decisions will only be made once all required documents are submitted.
Applicants for whom English is a second language must submit evidence of English language Proficiency. This requirement will be included in the acknowledgement email that will be sent once we receive the application. An admissions decision will only be made once a successful test result, and all other required documentation has been submitted.
It is the responsibility of all applicants to ensure that:
- all pertinent academic documentation is forwarded directly to the Office of the Registrar directly from the secondary school,
- proof of change of name (marriage certificate, notarized statement or other legal document) is provided if academic documents show a name other than that under which application is made,
- applicants withholding, misrepresenting or failing to provide information regarding previous university or college records are liable to have their admission revoked and registration cancelled.
Choosing the Correct Application
Prospective students will use either an internal Brock University application or the OUAC 105D or OUAC 105F application depending on (i) certificate type (see Certificate Admission Criteria section), (ii) academic background and (iii) whether you wish to study full or part-time.
Full-time/certificates requiring an undergraduate degree for entry:
OUAC 105D (domestic) or OUAC 105F (international) application at: www.ouac.on.ca
Part-time (any certificate):
Apply to: Undergraduate Part-time
(Please note: International students are only eligible to apply as Full-time students.)
Brock University students/full-time or part-time (any certificate):
Submit Second Undergraduate Degree or Certificate Program application at http://www.brocku.ca/registrar/forms/ with appropriate application fee.
- Submit the appropriate application form with required fee(s).
- Submit official transcripts showing secondary school, college or university results as appropriate. The official transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institution to Brock University, Office of the Registrar (Admissions).
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must submit evidence of English language proficiency.
Supplementary Document Submission
Submit any letters/supporting documentation to be considered under the Special Admissions Policy directly to the Admissions Office. These documents should be submitted as early in the admission process as possible. Refer to the OUAC application for details (if applicable).
Submit any other documents necessary as indicated on the acknowledgement email or letter that was sent to you after submission of your application.