Published on Brock University (http://www.brocku.ca)
The James A. Gibson Library, Brock University, protects patron privacy and personal information. Under the authority of the Brock University Act, 1964 and in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), personal information is collected as necessary for the administration of the University Library and its programs and services.
The Library collects the following information:
• biographical information, including name, address, employee or student identification number, program / department affiliation, contact information and barcode number for all current and former students (alumni), faculty, staff, retirees, visiting scholars, community (extramural) borrowers, high school students involved in a Brock Mentorship Program, and may include individuals with reciprocal borrowing privileges
• titles for which patrons request holds or recalls
• items currently charged out
• a history of fines, fees, book replacement and processing charges
• relevant biographical information on forms such as the Security Alarm Report Form; Copying and Printing, Print/Scanning Request Form; and the Laptop Computer Agreement Form
• the transcripts of virtual reference requests.
Access to patron information is limited to officers of Brock University who require the information in order to perform the duties of their positions. Disclosure to third parties will only occur with the written consent of the patron or as required by law. All records, whether in electronic or hard copy, are maintained in a secure environment.
Direct any questions about this collection to the Head, Access Services, James A. Gibson Library at (905) 688-5550, ext. 3088.