Why should I donate?
- This is not about how much you should give. Only you can define your donation amount based on your own circumstances.
- The big statement is the level of participation. External donors such as government, corporations and foundations will not give substantially to this vital cause if they do not feel that our own faculty, staff and alumni are behind it.
Why is Brock doing this now?
- The Campaign actually started it’s silent phase in 2007 with the fund raising initiative of the Matheson Learning Commons.
- To help Niagara move from a manufacturing-based to a knowledge-based economy.
- To encourage small and medium sized businesses born from the innovative research being done at Brock, hopefully to be located in the Niagara Region.
- To achieve the 2014 academic plan.
- To take full advantage of government funding opportunities being offered during this financial downturn for new building projects.
How can Brock afford this considering we are going through operating budget cuts?
- The Campaign for a Bold New Brock is self-financing. It will NOT draw from Brock’s operating budget.
- The new facilities will be fully funded through the increased tuition revenues generated by an increase in the student body and through monies attracted to support the innovative research taking place in these facilities.
How long is the Family Campaign running?
- The 2011 Family Campaign will run from September 12 to October 7, 2011.
How can I be sure my donation is completely confidential?
- All staff in the Offices of Development and Donor Relations and Alumni Relations are required to sign a donor confidentiality agreement. They are also held to a Code of Ethics for the fundraising profession.
Can I make my donation through payroll deduction?
- Yes, the Office of Development and Donor Relations will set up your gift for tax receipting purposes and then forward your payroll request on to Human Resources.
Can I make my gift over more than one year?
- Yes, gifts can be pledged over the next 3 years. Just indicate how many payments the gift should be spread over on the pledge form.
Are there ways other than cash or credit card that I can use to make my gift?
- Yes, gifts can be made through the donation of securities, life insurance policies and bequests in your will.
- If any of these are of interest, please contact Morena Bertholds, Leadership Gift Officer at x5685 or by email at email@example.com. She will ensure the correct Development staff person gets in contact with you depending on how you would like to make your gift.
Why did I not receive a package in the internal mail?
- Brock’s policy is to only solicit faculty and staff in permanent positions. However, all staff are more than welcome to participate in the Campaign for a Bold New Brock.
- You can request a package be sent to you by contacting Morena Bertholds, Leadership Gift Officer at x5685 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
How will faculty, staff and retirees be recognized for their participation?
- The Annual Fund Office and Office of Development and Donor Relations will be consulting with the Family Campaign Co-chairs at the end of the campaign to recognize the participation of Brock faculty, staff and retirees.