Published on Brock University (http://www.brocku.ca)
We are all looking forward to Scientifically Yours 2015! In addition to the Workshop projects we have a variety of other activities planned.
• Six Hands on Science/Math Projects
• Scavenger Hunt
• Dinner with Professional Scientists (Semi-formal)
• Residence living experience
Here are a few things you might want to keep in mind while packing to ensure that your stay with us is as comfortable as possible.
Don't forget your alarm clock! We won’t be able to give wake-up calls.
Generally, dress for the workshop is casual (jeans, shorts and skirts), however, in many of the projects, long pants and closed-toed shoes are required. Please wear closed-toed shoes and long pants while participating in the science projects. This is a matter of laboratory safety.
A T-shirt will be provided for you to wear over the 2 day stay. You are asked to wear the T-shirt during both days, with the exception of the Mentors dinner, for ease of identification.
We have scheduled ‘an evening with professionals in STEM careers’. You will want to bring something nice to wear for this special semi-formal dinner. (A tuxedo or long gown and tiara would be too much.)
• Items provided in each room in residence include: towel, face cloth, bed linen/pillow, soap, plastic drinking cup, closet hangers.
• You may want to bring your own pillow and towel to give your room an at-home feel.
• Make sure to pack your toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, blow-dryer, etc!
• Bring any games you would like to share with the group.
• Parents please note that residence rooms have access to the Internet via an Ethernet cable with username and password. Brock University does not restrict Internet site usage on campus.
Messages may be left for participants at (905) 688-5550, ext. 3369 twenty-four hours a day.
You will have a phone in your room; long distance calls can be made by purchasing a phone card at Conferences Services.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to give Christene Carpenter-Cleland, Scientifically Yours Coordinator, a call at (905) 688-5550, ext.5788 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org