Senior Lab Coordinator/Instructor
- Responsible for Earth Science student labs (directly responsible for designing, developing, organizing, presenting and marking and maintaining related records).
- Supervises teaching assistants.
- Develops electronic educational resources for courses (WebCT)
- Conducts field trips for students as well as groups outside the university.
- Organizes and updates departmental teaching collections.
- Acts as liaison and provides information and/or materials to primary and secondary school teachers.
- Interfaces with the public as necessary.
- Teacher (qualifications Intermediate/Senior Science, Senior Biology), Ontario College of Teachers
- MSc (Earth Science) University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON
- BSc (Hons. Earth Science Co-op) University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON
- ERSC 1F01 Planet Earth
- ERSC 1F90 Geology and the Environment
Internal Activities (2005–2006)
- Ad-hoc Undergraduate Program Committee member, Department of Earth Sciences (2008-2009)
- Ad-hoc Departmental Display Committee member, Department of Earth Sciences (2008-2009)
- Status of Women in Science (SOWIS) Committee, Faculty of Math and Science, Department of Earth Sciences representative (2004–present)
- “Scientifically Yours” conference, Co-coordinator (2007) and Department of Earth Sciences representative (2004–present)
- Science Safety Committee, Faculty of Math and Science, Department of Earth Sciences representative (2005–present) and Recording secretary (2008–2009)
- University Senate - Undergraduate Program Committee (Member at Large, Faculty of Mathematics and Science) (2008-2009)
Department of Earth Sciences