International Students can work off-campus part-time as long as they have been studying full-time at a recognized institution for a period of six months or greater in the past twelve months.
Off-Campus Work Permit instructions
- Brock defines an undergraduate student as someone who is taking at least three half-credit courses in the Fall or Winter term.
- An international student can work full-time during the summer months (May-August), Christmas holidays, and during Reading Week. If, however, an international student is registered as a full-time student during the Spring or Summer terms then the student can work a maximum of only 20 hours per week.
- During regular academic terms, you are limited to work off-campus 20 hours per week .
- If you obtain an off-campus work permit, you must maintain your full-time status and good academic standing in order for your permit to remain valid. Otherwise, you need to return your off-campus work permit to CIC.
How to give back your work permit to CIC
- This work permit is not valid for Co-op programs unless the co-op work term falls into scheduled academic break of spring and summer.