In addition to a Study Permit, citizens of certain countries require a Temporary Resident Visa (Entry Visa) to enter Canada.
Temporary Resident Visa (TRV): A document that allows you to enter Canada. It is the shiny foil sticker in your passport. It can be either a single entry visa or a multiple entry visa.
If you are in Canada and holding a valid Study Permit or Work Permit, follow instructions below to submit application.
- Online application (Guide for CIC online application (PDF))
- If you are holding a valid Study Permit, you will need a letter from Brock University to confirm your current registration and the date on which you will complete your studies.
- Undergraduate students can download the request form at: http://edit.brocku.ca/webfm_send/1318
Please select the Visa Extension on the request form or go to the Registrar’s office: Schmon Tower 301
- Graduate students can download the request form at:
Please select Verification of Status Form from the above website and then check the "Confirmation of Enrolment"on the form or go to the Faculty of Graduate Studies office: Mackenzie Chown Complex D250
- ESL/IELP students should request Attendance Confirmation from ESL services office at IC217 in International Centre building.
NOTE:You must download the most current form. Complete the application form on computer and validate and print out with the bar code page. You need to validate it everytime you have made any changes. Any outdated forms will be rejected.
Temporary Resident (Entry) Visa or TRV