Published on Brock University (http://www.brocku.ca)
The Brock Days tradition keeps getting better and better.
This year’s celebration was one to remember. Faculty, staff, students and graduates came together during a variety of events to showcase the best of Brock.
The campus welcomed back graduates from 1969 to 2009 during Alumni Reunion Weekend. Organized reunions included athletic therapists and Athletic Therapy Clinic staff, Recreation Services, DeCew dons and RLS staff, Communications Pop Culture and Film, as well as Faculty reunions.
There was no shortage of enthusiasm for the annual Brock Days Concert and Grape Stomp. This year, the event supported Community Care and the
“Congratulations and thank you to the Brock Days committee of volunteers who work all year to make the 10-day celebration a real success,” says Kristen Smith, Community Services co-ordinator.
Here are some of the Brock Days highlights:
• Fine Wine, Fine Food, Live Art showcased lively theatrical performances from Suitcase in Point as well as the work of our very own Bill Ralph . . . the food and wine was wonderful as always.
• At Tribute!, former staff and students roasted and toasted Joe Kenny, head athletic therapist.
• Alumni Pub night, at Isaac’s Pub, featured alumni band Moose & Carl playing acoustic hits throughout the night.
• The Brock University Alumni Association held its Annual General Meeting and luncheon at Alphie’s Trough featuring guest speakers from iYellow Wine Club Angela Aiello (BA, csbc, ’05) and Paxton Allewell (BA, csbc, ’05).
• The first-ever Reunion Station event in Walker Courtyard was a hit as more than 150 alumni enjoyed the barbecue, live music, and the chance to catch up with old friends and classmates.
• The Black and White Alumni Dinner honoured distinguished alumni from an impressive cast of grads that included an Olympic athlete, a legendary winemaker and a world-class medical researcher.
• luncheon at Hernder Estates winery for Communications, Pop Culture, and Film alumni as the department celebrated its 10th anniversary.