|Calendar Submission Deadline
October 15, 2012 – submission due to Faculty Dean
October 31, 2012 – submission due to UPC Coordinator
Undergraduate Program Committee: Terms of Reference (FHB II: 9.9)
The Senate Undergraduate Program Committee oversees and makes recommendations on all undergraduate academic programs and policies relating thereto. In all areas in which it recommends, the Undergraduate Program Committee considers and pursues policy initiatives which will enhance the academic programs, well-being and reputation of the University.
The Senate Undergraduate Program Committee recommends regarding:
a) the academic philosophy of Brock University in relation to the consideration of new undergraduate programs and the criteria for the evaluation of such programs, including consideration of the resource base they require;
b) the establishment of undergraduate program priorities, and relationships between existing or proposed programs of study;
c) the introduction of new undergraduate departments, programs, schools, colleges and/or institutes, and undergraduate articulation agreements;
d) the termination, curtailment or combination of existing undergraduate programs;
e) the undergraduate course offerings proposed for any academic year; including identification of curricular changes leading to duplication;
f) changes in the Undergraduate Course Bank (including additions, deletions and changes in designation), changes in major or combined undergraduate major program requirements;
g) improvements in the format and organization of the Undergraduate Calendar;
h) plans for future academic development of the University; and
i) prepares, for Senate approval and for subsequent circulation to all faculty, an annual report summarizing the current and the long-term undergraduate academic policy of the University.
- Departments/Centres/Programs make their changes using the online Academic Calendar Submission website: www.brocku.ca/apc
- Using the online calendar revision system, the Department/Centre/Program submits the changes electronically to their Faculty Dean (or designate) and must do so by October 15, 2012 (FHB III:7.4A).
- The Dean (or designate) is asked to give online approval to the submission. This approval automatically submits the file electronically to the UPC Administrative Co-ordinator and begins the UPC review process. The deadline for submission to UPC is October 31, 2012. Early submission is encouraged.
- Note that additional submission materials (e.g., library form, evidence of consultation, IT impact) should also be submitted by this deadline.
- Each Department/Centre/Program is asked to designate a faculty member to take responsibility for their UPC submissions and who may be contacted for matters of clarification as the submission is reviewed.
NOTE: Proposals for new programs or major modifications to existing programs must also be submitted to the Academic Review Committee (ARC) for review and approval.
|Evelyn DiFruscio (firstname.lastname@example.org ) – for questions on submission content and protocol;
Mwinchande Chande (email@example.com ) – for technical issues using the APC online site.
Calendar Revision Submission Process
Once a submission has gone through UPC approval and sent to Senate, the online APC site is no longer available. Any changes or addendums not included in the original submission must be made using the Hardcopy Submission Template
and include supporting forms (consultation/library/IT) as applicable.
Questions regarding submitting revisions should be directed to Evelyn DiFruscio.
Calendar Revision Submissions