Do you have an affinity for Brock? Do you work, learn or play here? Were you a student here? Make a connection to the Brock community by participating in the Mentorship Plus program - where you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact in a graduating student’s life.
As a Career Mentor, you will be paired with a graduating student who is either pursuing a career or post-graduate studies.
Your graduating student mentee has an interest in your field, occupation, or industry. Throughout the mentoring relationship, you will work with your mentee to identify goals and skill sets. Along the mentoring journey you will have a better understanding of your mentee’s strengths and weaknesses. Together you will develop an action plan to help your mentee achieve their goals.
As a MENTOR you will:
- Connect with Brock Community
- Provide real life examples and practical experiences for your mentee
- Revitalize interest in your career
- Refine valuable skills – leadership, communication, problem solving
- Build strong networks through interaction with other mentors
- Help cultivate a community that supports mentorship and volunteerism
- Have the opportunity to assess your own skill set and recognize strengths and weaknesses
- Aid in retaining high skilled students as residents, employees, and leaders in the region
- Commitment of 2-4 hours a month during the academic year, plus approximately 3 hours of training during the Fall semester.
- Attend 2-3 Mentorship Plus events throughout the school year, for example, networking seminars, feedback roundtables and a wrap up social in the spring.
- Willingness and ability to meet with your mentor/mentee at agreed upon times.
- Mentors who are at a distance can participate as e-mentors, where most contact takes place through email, Skype etc.
I went to Mentor Match and I'm Having trouble logging in?
Alumni may experience difficulty logging into MentorMatch due to an expired username and password. In order to reactivate your username for this software, please follow the instructions provided below. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.
Instructions for MentorMatch login:
You will need your Brock username to apply. A user name looks like this: jc94tb. If you do not know your Brock username, you will need to log into Brock’s portal with your Brock ID number, (If you do not know your student number, call us and we can help you retrieve it).
Please follow these easy steps to attain a new Brock username:
- Go to my.brocku.ca
- Click on “Applicant, New, Returning Student or Alumni” (under "Activate your account")
- You will need to provide your Brock ID and your birthday.
- You will be asked to create a password. Please record this for future use
- A user name will be generated for you. i.e.) lb06th
- After 24 hours your new login information will be activated. You may now refer to mentormatch.brocku.ca to sign up using your new username and password!
Please email email@example.com
or call 905 688-5550 ext 4853 if you are experiencing any difficulties. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your interest in Mentorship Plus.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 905-688-5550 ext. 4853 if you have any questions or would like further information about Mentorship Plus.