In Mentorship Plus we know what first year jitters are like.
We were nervous about university too! Making new friends, living in a new city, just finding the way to classes was a challenge. Luckily for you, the Mentorship Plus program will offer you your own mentor, which is like a guide to help you.
You will probably come to Brock’s campus with a mixture of excitement, confusion, anxiety, and lots of questions. As a first year mentee in Mentorship Plus you will receive the support and encouragement you need during this time to ensure that your first year experience is a successful one. Let the experience of a senior mentor be your guide!
Here’s How it works
You will be matched with a successful senior student who shares the same area of study as well as similar career goals and/or interests as you. This student will mentor you – to make sure your journey from high school to university is a success. Your mentor will share their experiences and help answer any questions you may have about campus life.
What will I get out of mentoring?
- A positive role model to encourage you through this important first year
- A friend to advise you and give you feedback and tips for success at Brock
- Learn the ropes at Brock from someone with experience - increase your awareness about services, resources & events on campus
- Someone to help you get involved on campus & be successful in student life
- Learn from your mentor’s experience about time management, classes, professors, and student life
- Put your mind at ease by knowing that you are not alone at Brock, your mentor cares about you!
I Want to Get Mentored! - Scroll down and see the "Sign up here" button on the left.