This page is a "crash course" on parking at Brock University. We hope this helps you learn the campus parking system to avoid frustration and possibly any future fines.
It is the responsibility of every student, faculty, staff and visitor to the University to make themselves aware of the parking regulations on campus. These regulations hold the key to avoiding parking tickets at Brock.
- All vehicles entering and parking on campus must display a valid Brock University parking permit, pay at a meter or pay/display lot at all times.
- Permits must be displayed properly on the vehicle according to the instructions on the permit. All parking lots show signs indicating the type of permit and restrictions. Reading and understanding the signs and regulations is very important.
- Posted signs, whether permanent or temporary, must be obeyed at all times. Signs take precedence over painted curbs, pavement markings, and designations shown on any Brock University map.
- If you receive a parking ticket, please do not ignore it. Either schedule an appeal of the ticket within five days of the ticket issue date or pay the ticket by mail or in person.
- If you park illegally but do not find a ticket on your car, do not assume that you were not ticketed or that you were allowed to park where you did because tickets can become detached from windshields. You are responsible for any ticket to your permit or vehicle.
- Tickets are billed first to the permit holder and then to the vehicle's registered owner if no permit is displayed. Permit holders are responsible for all tickets issued to their permit, regardless of vehicle ownership. If you have unpaid ticket charges, you will not be able to purchase a parking permit. Students with unpaid ticket charges may be barred from receiving diplomas or official transcripts. Your vehicle may be towed and impounded until all unpaid charges are paid in full.
- If you vehicle has been towed, contact the Parking Services office at 905-688-5550 x4309 for information on retrieving your vehicle.
- Always display a current Brock parking permit and park in your designated area within a legally marked parking space.
We are here to help you have an easy parking experience at Brock. Please contact us with questions, concerns or feedback at parking@Brocku.ca or 905 688 5550 x 4309.