- Brock University Physical Education student preferred.
- Previous experience working with children with special needs.
- Knowledge of the safe use of equipment and gymnasium space.
- Understanding and knowledge of the emergency action plan used in the event of an accident.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend and participate in training workshops prior to the start of the Penguins session.
- Assist with set-up of equipment prior to lesson.
- Attend all classes.
- Assist the instructor in delivering the lesson by working directly or one on one with children with special needs.
- Converse regularly with parents/guardians of child(ren) you are working with.
- Assist with take-down of equipment each week.
- Attend weekly meetings.
- Provide constructive comments at weekly meetings.
Conditions of Employment:
- Arrive for program on time.
- Dress as required
- Attendance and participation at all staff meetings and training sessions.
- Demonstrated enthusiastic interest in working with children.
Supervisor: Karen Natho
Applications Available: At beginning of September & December of each year, at the Welcome Desk or outside Gym 2.
Brock Niagara Penguins website