When you give to United Way, your donation has greater impact: United Way keeps abreast of unmet community needs and invests its support where it is needed most.
Every gift – no matter how small – counts:
- $1 per week or $52 per year provides intervention and support for two people in crisis who turn to Distress Centre.
- $2 per week or $104 per year provides three families with emergency food in times of need.
- $3 per week or $156 per year provides care for one child to attend a special needs program for one year.
- $5 per week or $260 per year provides one-on-one counselors for five people in crisis.
- $5 per week or $260 per year provides seven hours of orientation and mobility training to a visually impaired person, ensuring their safety and independence.
- Be a Leadership Donor with a donation of $1,000 or more: $20 per week or $1,000 per year provides two weeks of shelter, food and safety to a woman and her children fleeing abuse.
If you wish to support a different United Way or another registered charity, your can easily direct your donation to another cause by indicating your wishes on your employee payroll contribution pledge form.
United Way of St. Catharines & District invests locally:
For a list of all of the local agencies that United Way of St. Catharines & District support, visit the United Way website .