Welcome to Career Services at Brock!
Our parents' page is meant to provide you with information about our programming, services and resources to help ease your worries when it comes to the success of your student. Whether it be transitioning to university, making the most of their experience at Brock or next steps after graduation, we are here to help.
How we can help
Our team of professional staff and student peers are available to assist, support, guide and encourage students and alumni of Brock with:
- Learning how to make informative career decisions for themselves
- Exploring career possibilities and developing employability skills for today's workforce
- Understanding effective job search strategies and successful interview techniques
- Investigating post-graduate opportunities and preparing for entrance requirements
Our Career Resource Centre
- Drop-in career advising is available Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 4:30pm (9:00am-4:00pm during the summer months). Our centre is staffed by a team of Career Assistants- student peers who create a comfortable and knowledgeable environment for visitors.
- Students have access to many career and job search related print resources inside the centre on a variety of topics from resume writing to working abroad
- Our Degree Exploration Guides are on display and available online to assist students with exploring careers based on their area of study
- Students may bring in a hard copy of their resume/CV, cover letter and/or letter of intent into the Career Resource Centre for feedback -no appointment necessary
- Job opportunities both on and off campus, online workshops and career assessment tools are accessible to students and alumni through our online portal CareerZone
- Mock interviews are available with a staff member by appointment only by calling 905-688-5550 ext. 3242
Building skills and engaging in new experiences while studying is a critical part of the university experience. Career Services has developed a suite of co-curricular programs to help students transition to university and develop the employability skills they need to be successful after graduation.
To see a detailed list of Plus Programs please click here .