In January 2013, Brock became the first university to display graduates through a digital library.
Situated at the base of the Schmon Tower, visitors can view digital photos of graduates using a search directory by name, class, year or faculty. The alumni digital library was created to not only replace the aging framed alumni composites hanging throughout the hallways of Brock; but to also provide an interactive platform to learn about activities and events related to Brock alumni. The kiosk is primarily an on campus tool and therefore not accessible through the internet.
A work in progress
The digital library continues to be a work in progress. Presently, students that graduated from Spring, 2011 to Spring, 2012 can be viewed through the digital library. Classes are added continuously- updates on the latest class entries will be listed here. Once complete, the display will house the photos and names of all Brock alumni, dating back to the first graduating class of 1967.
Functions of the Alumni Digital Library and Interactive Kiosk
- Guests can search for graduates by name, class/faculty and/or year
- Photos can be viewed larger, using a zoom function
- Alumni can update their contact info directly from the kiosk
- Information on alumni events, awards and volunteer opportunities can be viewed using the kiosk
- A second screen provides accessibility features for persons with disabilities
Office of Alumni Relations