For students who have questions that require a more detailed appointment please book through the Campus-wide Booking System – Brock students are able to book an advising appointment with the Advisor in their department by way of the Brock Portal.
By logging onto the Portal you will have the ability to see which Advisor (for CHYS either Alison Lahn (Upper Year advising) OR Carol Penner (First Year advising) OR other advising team is best suited to assist you, depending on your program of study and current academic questions. See steps below to make an advising appointment within the Department of Child and Youth Studies (CHYS):
1. Click on “Appointments” and select “Academic Advising” from the service menu.
2. Click on the “Child and Youth Studies” Department from the drop down menu.
3. Choose your reason for appointment, then either Alison Lahn (Upper Year CHYS advising) OR Carol Penner (First Year CHYS advising)
Please email myself (Alison
) at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you are having any difficulty setting up an appointment. We offer either in-person OR phone advising appointments, which ever is most convenient. We look forward to meeting with you soon!
CHYS Drop In Hours for July and August 2015.
For the months of July and August, I will be holding CHYS Drop IN advising on Mondays from 1 pm to 3 pm, instead of Fridays. I will resume Friday drop in hours during the Fall/Winter terms.
CHYS Drop In Hours for July 2015
- Monday, July 6th from 1 pm to 3 pm
- Monday, July 13th from 1 pm to 3 pm
- Monday, July 20th NO DROP IN ADVISING
- Monday, July 27th from 1 pm to 3 pm
CHYS Drop In Hours for August 2015
- Monday, August 10th from 1 pm to 3 pm
- Monday, August 17th from 1 pm to 3 pm
- Monday, August 24th NO DROP IN ADVISING
- Monday, August 31st from 1 pm to 3 pm
Reminder: CHYS Drop In Advising is for students with more general questions and for those student who can make it IN PERSON, please book a scheduled advising appointment either in-person OR phone, if you require a more detailed advising appointment. Thank you!