(Bachelor of Accounting ONLY)- January Work Term ONLY
Confidentiality of the Rankings Process
Rankings must remain confidential. To maintain the integrity of the Ranking Process it is imperative that no discussions take place with candidates regarding ranking decisions and that no offers are made directly to candidates before receiving confirmation from the Brock University Co-op Programs Office regarding the status of the rankings. Students have been informed that they must not accept offers before the rankings process is complete.
What is the Ranking Process?
- The Ranking Recruitment Process is only used for the recruitment of Brock Accounting Co-op students looking for a January work term. For all other work terms, we follow an on-going continuous placement model: Post…Interview…Hire
- By utilizing ranking input from both employers and students, the Ranking Process is designed to quickly and efficiently maximize employer / student matches.
- POST JOBS: September 1, 2013 - October 11, 2013
Employers submit job postings directly to CareerZone by clicking on Co-op and then on Postings. If you do not have a CareerZone account, please complete the form below to submit a job posting request to a member of the co-op team:
SUBMIT A POSTING
- INTERVIEWS: September 30, 2013 - October 18, 2013
To accommodate students’ academic obligations and to minimize their absence from class, on-campus interviews are encouraged. At the student’s discretion and availability, arrangements can be made to accommodate interviews at the employer's facility. Telephone and video interviews can also be arranged.
- EMPLOYER RANKING DECISIONS DUE: October 18, 2013
To submit rankings decisions, please submit them to your CareerZone account. In CareerZone, click Co-op and then click Rank and Match.
* If you do not have a CareerZone account, please submit the following Rankings form:
- MATCH RESULTS: October 22, 2013
A firm must be prepared to employ any student that has successfully been matched to the firm’s ranking selections. This is true for every position for which a firm has submitted a ranking form.
FIRMS WHO DO NOT SECURE A STUDENT DURING THE
RANKINGS PROCESS MOVE FORWARD TO OUR CONTINUOUS
HIRING RECRUITMENT MODEL STARTING OCTOBER 22, 2013
Continuous Hiring - January (after rankings) / Spring / Fall
- After the Rankings process has concluded (in October), the BAcc program follows an on-going Continuous Hiring recruitment model. Firms looking to hire spring or fall students also follow the Continuous Hiring model (no rankings).
- During the Continous Hiring cycle, simply connect with the co-op office to express your interest in hiring a student. A Relationship Manager will work closely with you to help you find the student that best matches your needs.
- Once a decision to hire a student has been made, please inform the co-op office of your decision so that we can present the offer to the student. If you prefer to make an offer directly to the student, please inform us of the offer and whether the student accepts or declines.
- It is customary that 48 hours is provided for the student to make a final decision on any offer.
- For more information on continuouse hiring please visit The Recruitment Process under Employers.
For assistance, please contact us at 905-688-5550 ext. 4325, or firstname.lastname@example.org