In many cases these students:
- never intended to plagiarize, or cheat.
- did not realize their behaviour was considered academically dishonest.
- simply did not know how to properly cite.
Avoiding plagiarism is not easy. It will require your student to be diligent and vigilant in their academic work.
Brock’s Academic Integrity program promotes AWARENESS, to ensure that students can develop the SKILLS and gain the KNOWLEDGE they need to be academically successful.
Your student will need:
- to be aware of the academic expectations placed on their academic work.
- to develop their academic integrity skills.
These are importants steps to your students academic success.
The easiest way for your student to help themselves… is to ASK