Published on Brock University (http://www.brocku.ca)
Arts Coach, Visual Arts, Drama/Dance
Niagara Catholic District School Board
A graduate of Brock University, Laurie Crain-Anez’s career in teaching spans 15 years in three Niagara Falls Schools – St. Thomas More, Notre Dame and St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Elementary Schools where she taught Grades 3,4,5 and 6. In her current role as an Itinerant Arts Teacher, Mrs. Crain-Anez shares her talents and love of the arts board-wide, by teaching Visual Arts, Dance and Drama to students from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8.
In 2011 she received the Norah Morgan Memorial Award. Established by Carousel Players, the award celebrates the contributions and achievements of elementary school teachers who have made a strong contribution to the arts in Niagara region schools.Her nominators for the Norah Morgan Award highlighted her various classroom productions that included The Cleo Awards, The Three Piggy Opera, her Drama Club for students from Grades 4 to 8 and ongoing mentorship as her students continued their love of the Arts through programs at the high school level, auditions for local theatre groups and professional theatre companies.
To date, Laurie has:
• Been a member of the Niagara Catholic District School Board’s Arts Curriculum Council,
• Participated in the revision process of the Arts Curriculum Document for the Ministry of Education, conducted Arts workshops for the Niagara Catholic District School Board Professional Activity Days
• Volunteers on the City of Niagara Falls’ Arts & Culture Committee
• Completed Dramatic Arts Certification at Brock
• Participated as an Arts Clinician in the Arts Matters Conference