Published on Brock University (http://www.brocku.ca)
Experience Works, is a work-study program offered through the Offices of Career Services and Student Awards and Financial Aid, which aims to help you meet your costs while gaining valuable work experience that will help you to enhance your resume prior to graduation.
How does it work?
Full-time faculty and staff at Brock apply to have their on-campus student positions funded through Experience Works. Students who are approved for Experience Works can then apply for these positions.
How do I get approved for Experience Works?
To apply for Experience Works you must submit a Student Profile. If you are eligible for the program, you will be notified by email.
You must complete a new Student Profile for each session (Fall/Winter & Spring/Summer) every year. Approval in a previous session does not guarantee approval in the next.
To be eligible to apply for Experience Works, you must:
• be a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident.
• currently be a full-time undergraduate student at Brock.
• have demonstrated financial need.
• have an overall average of at least 60%.
• When applying for the Spring/Summer session, you must have attended Brock full-time in the previous Fall/Winter AND be returning to full-time studies at Brock in the coming Fall/Winter session.
How do I find Experience Works positions?
For information about how to find Experience Works positions please visit the Career Services web site.
As an employer, how do I hire an Experience Works student?
Visit the Career Services web site to see how to submit an Experience Works job proposal.