How do I sign out library books?
Any library user with a valid Brock University Identification Card, Alumni Card, Extramural Borrowers' Card, or a valid card from a Canadian university library with an account in good standing, may borrow materials.
Full details on borrowing privileges for visitors can be viewed here:
There are TWO WAYS TO SIGN OUT LIBRARY BOOKS:
- Self-Check station located at the Circulation Services Desk is available if you are a registered user. Staff will be happy to assist you.
- Circulation Services staff may sign books out for you.
How do I look up reserve materials and exams?
- On the Library home page click on the “Find Reserves and Exams” link.
- From the drop down menu, select the course name and number or search by the instructor's name.
- For online resources, click the "online" link, then choose the reading you wish to view.
- For items held at the Circulation Services, click on the "Print/Other Formats" link and look up the reading you need and write down the number that is assigned to it. This is the call number you should have when you come to the Circulation Desk to sign out reserve material.
- Exams for past years can be viewed online.
How do I place holds on library books (that are currently checked out to another user)?
- From the library home page, click on the "Research" tab from the drop down menu, choose the "Catalogue" link.
- Search the catalogue for the book you need to request, by call #, author, title etc.
- Once you have found the item you want, click on the title to open the full record. If the status of the item shows 'Due..." then you may request the book be held for you when it is returned. Click on the "REQUEST" button at the top of the record, enter your patron verification information and submit the request.
- If the item status is "In Library", you will need to record the call number and retrieve the item from the book stacks. If you are unable to locate the item, or the status in the record is shown as "On Holdshelf" or "Missing", ask the Circulation Services staff for assistance.
Where and how do I pay my outstanding library fees?
There are two ways to pay outstanding library fees:
- by cash, cheque, debit or credit card at the Circulation Services Desk in the James A. Gibson Library.
- by sending a cheque payable to Brock University to the address below. Be sure to mark your student ID# clearly on the cheque.
James A. Gibson Library
500 Glenridge Ave.
St Catharines, ON L2S 3A1
What is "My Library Account" used for?
Your "Library Account" offers convenient access to the following online services 24 hours a day, using your campus username and password.
- Review the items and due dates for items you have checked out.
- Renew eligible checked out items.
- Review full details on outstanding library fees.
- Log into your library account prior to searching the online catalogue to place a hold for a title checked out by someone else without having to repeat your login verification for each requested item.
- Save your searches for future use and receive email notifications when additional new items are received pertaining to your search strategy.
- Sign up to retain a list of all items checked out by you, even after they have been returned.
How do I renew library material?
- Online renewal is easy and convenient by logging into your Library Account.
- Click on the "items currently checked out" link.
- Select each item individually and click on the "renew selected" button.
- When you see the message "The following item(s) will be renewed, would you like to proceed?, click the "YES" button above or below the item title, due date line.
- If the renewal is successful, the system will show "renewed" and the new due date. If the due date does not change, then the renewal was not successful, and you should return the item immediately or contact the Circulation Services Desk to avoid overdue fees. (Note that some items may not be renewable due to another user request, or you have outstanding fees over $10.00, or you have reached the maximum number of renewals limit.
Where do I return library material?
- Reserve materials must be returned to the Reserve return bin located at the end of the Circulation Services Desk during the Library's open hours. When the library is closed, reserves may be returned to the regular library book return bins as noted below.
- Regular library items should be returned through the library book return slots. There are two (2) return slot locations: one is on the wall outside the East Entrance (tower entrance) to the Learning Commons and the other is inside the Learning Commons on the way to the library elevators.
- DVD/CD materials should be dropped in the specific drop boxes above the regular return drop boxes which are labeled "Audio Visual" materials.
What can I do about my overdue fees?
Users who wish to appeal a library fee may do so by completing an online appeal form online. The request will be reviewed, and an email response will be sent within ten (10) working days.
What library privileges are available to Alumni?
Alumni are entitled to library borrowing privileges at no charge. An alumni card is required and should be presented to Circulation Services staff in order to register for library borrowing. Full details on privileges available to alumni can be found online. For information on obtaining an alumni card, please contact Office of Alumni Relations.
Where can I obtain supplies like a stapler, scissors, white out, pens, etc?
- Staplers are available at Circulation Services Desk and the Help Desk.
- A paper cutter, scissors and pencil sharpener are available in the photocopy area located near Circulation Services.
- The following supplies can be purchased with cash at Circulation Services:
- Pen / Pencil $ .50
- Highlighter .50
- White board marker .50
- Glue stick 2.00
- Ear buds 1.50
- Tape .25