Youth University is proud to be part of Brock University’s commitment to provide facilities, programs and services that respect the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
- View our video. This video highlights how our accessible high ropes course can offer a lasting experience for all people.
Planning a field trip? We can help with:
- Program adaptations
- Ramps, elevators, access to all program areas
- Educational Assistant accommodations
- Barrier free access to residence accommodations
- Allergy aware cafeteria
Contact our office for more details and personalized support
Youth University programming takes place throughout the Brock University Glenridge campus. Accessible parking closest to the program access point can be found at various locations. Click here for a map of the campus.
Getting to the Youth University office in Alphies Trough
Arriving by taxi or public transit to the main entrance at Schmon Tower
- When you arrive, please go to the Information Desk in the lobby of Schmon Tower and ask the attendant to contact the Youth University office at x3120. A Youth University staff member will be available to meet you in the lobby and will escort you to our office or provide you with the information you require.
Arriving by car
- Enter the Brock campus from main St. David’s entrance staying straight on Issac Brock Blvd North.
- At the second stop sign, turn left onto University road west, following it around a right hand turn at P Lot.
- University Road west takes another right hand turn just past the tennis courts turning parallel to the escarpment. This road turns into Alphies lane as it vears left and dead ends at parking lot F just outside our office building called Alphies Trough.
- While parking is not available right outside of our office building, accessible pay and display parking is provided in P and Q Lot.
- The Youth University office is accessible only by stairs; however a call box is provided at the front door. Using this call box will connect you with an office staff member during normal working hours (8:30 – 4:30, Monday through Friday).
- Due to the nature of our programming, it is advised to contact our office by phone (905-688-5550 ext 3120) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to your arrival, to ensure someone is available to meet you.
Accessibility at Brock University
- The Accessibility at Brock website provides information on policies and practices under way at Brock.
- Youth University encourages all students, staff and volunteers to become aware of accessibility issues. Feedback on the accessiblity around the Brock University campus is welcomed.
Visit the Accessibility Planning website at www.brocku.ca/accessibility for more information about Brock’s Accessibility services. Here you can learn more about:
- services for visitors, students and employees with disabilities at Brock
- and accessibility standards, policies and practices that relate to employment, built environment, information and communication, teaching and learning, and parking and transportation
Be sure to access a copy of Brock's newest accessibility resource (alternate format is available) Accessible service...accessible Brock
We are pleased to be involved with making Brock an inclusive community for all.
For any other inquiries or assistance, please contact us through our contact form, by email at email@example.com, or by phone (905) 688-5550 ext 3120.
Accessibility @ Youth University