Published on Brock University (http://www.brocku.ca)
Brock's Bachelor of Business Economics is unique in Canada and is designed for students who wish to combine the study of economics and business. The program is divided into two streams: financial economics for those who wish to combine economics with finance and consumer economics for those wishing to combine economics with marketing.
Brock University and the Faculty of Social Sciences are pleased to introduce our new Business Economics Co-op program. This academic and work-study program includes all of the course requirements of the BBE degree, as well as three work term placements.
To ensure every student of the co-op stream receives the coaching and support needed to make the transition from school to work, spaces are limited. Students applying to the program will be selected on the basis of their academic performance, skills and attributes.
Each of the three work terms are four or eight months in duration. Work terms give students experience in a variety of fields including financial analysis, market research and managerial experience in the private and public sector.
• Develop skills needed to compete for jobs in the new millennium
• Explore career possibilities and discover where your interests lie and the type of environment best suited to you
• Build confidence and know your career goals are reachable
• Make informed decisions about your future
• Enrich the academic experience through practical application of learned concepts
Choosing Brock University
• Limited class enrollment ensures the appropriate time is allocated to each individual student in preparing for the transition to the workplace.
• Niagara continues to show strong economic and job growth.
• Work placements are evaluated for their academic relevance and contribution to overall skill development.
• BBE course programming is both relevant to employer needs and challenges.
• Financial analyst
• Market researcher
• Public service administrator
• Private sector manager
Program & Career Information: