Professor of Economics
Office Location on Campus: Plaza Building Room 428
Phone: 905-688-5550 ext., 4696
Bachelor Statistics Makerere, M.A. Eocnomics Leeds, Ph.D. Economics Dalhousie
Areas of Interest
Econometrics, Economic Development
- A New Interpretation of the Gini Correlation, Metron-International Journal of Statistics, forthcoming.
- Local Electrical Utilities-Is Bigger Better?, Canadian Public Policy, 2014, 40, 283-291. (with J. Kushner)
- Is the Wealth of the World’s Billionaires Paretian? Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 2013, 392, 757-762.
- Economic Determinants of the Consumption of Alcoholic Beverages in Canada: A Panel Data Analysis, Empirical Economics, 37, 2009, 599-613 (with D. Cho).
- Additional Properties of a Linear Pen’s Parade for Individual Data Using the Stochastic Approach to the Gini Index, Economics Letters, 96, 2007, 369-374.
- A Convenient Method of Computing the Gini Index and Its Standard Error, Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 62, 2000, 123-129.
- A Simple Algorithm for Estimating Box-Cox Models, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series D (Statistician), 46, 1997, 399-409 (with U.L.G. Rao).