Published on Brock University (http://www.brocku.ca)
Responsibilities of Group Leaders:
Group Leaders are students who (ideally) have been on a similar service trip or experience through Brock University or a reputable community partner before, as well as faculty or staff who may be interested in participating in a trip in a leadership capacity. These leaders will have a few additional responsibilities including:
• Participation in Group Leader meetings leading up to the trip, as well as one meeting upon return (dates and times to be determined once group is selected).
• Assist in facilitating the Pre-Departure Workshop Day (icebreakers/teambuilders, assisting with presenting sessions as needed, etc.)
• Organization of a trip team social activity (optional for participants) in advance on the trip
• Assistance in facilitating the Re-Entry Workshop
• Assistance in facilitating reflection activities during the trip.
• Assistance in gathering photos/media during and after the trip and with the creation of display boards for volunteer appreciation event
• Willingness to assist the Professional Leader(s) with tasks during the trip as necessary
For taking on this extra responsibility, Group Leaders will receive $100 off the cost of their trip. Applicants for Group Leader positions may be contacted for an interview. Group Leaders who are not selected for the Group Leader role will automatically be considered for a spot as a general participant.