Why Choose This Program?
Students integrate their passions and interests with their research in our unique Interdisciplinary Humanities PhD program. Brock University makes students feel welcome and at home in our friendly, community-like environment. Brock gives students a small town feel while providing them with worldwide connections and opportunities through faculty, conferences and more.
- Students have the opportunity of presenting papers at various conferences and symposia, both local (at Brock) and across North America.
- TA opportunities in departments closest to student backgrounds
- Teaching apprenticeship allows students to work closely with a faculty member and the CPI to learn how to design and deliver a course, and to create a teaching portfolio
- Some students have worked with faculty on various research projects
- Some students have helped profs to organize conferences
- This Last year students organized their own program symposium as part of the second-year no-credit research seminar
Research at Brock
- HRI (Humanities Research Institute) at Brock: offers some support for travel to present papers at professional conferences; opportunities to present research in research symposia
- Student office space to conduct research, write papers, etc.
- Interdisciplinary nature of the program means that students have access to various research centres depending on student’s supervisor (see list of participating faculty)