Published on Brock University (http://www.brocku.ca)
Welcome back! Over the course of the summer, the following changes were made in the Gibson Library:
1. Twelve quiet study carrels were added to the north end of the main floor.
2. Electrical outlets were added to floors 6, 7, and 8. This includes the group study tables that don't have wall outlets nearby. Spring-loaded cords were mounted into the ceiling on floors 6 and 7. All floors now have as much electrictity as can be supported.
3. The lounge seating on floor 7 was relocated to the 6th floor.
4. The SILENT STUDY room on the 5th floor was re-zoned to QUIET STUDY. While in the room, please refrain from talking, and if you must talk, please speak very quietly or go elsewhere. SILENT STUDY remains available in Classroom B (on the main floor) when it is not in use, and on floors 9 and 10.
5. Students asked for adjustments in our hours and we have obliged. The Library will close at 9:00 pm on Friday nights, and open at 10:00 am and close at 7:00 pm on Saturdays. Additionally, the Library will close at 2:00 am during the exam period.
We welcome your comments on how we can improve the Llibrary via the 'Suggestion/Comment Box' on our website or fill out a form and drop it the slot near the main floor elevators.
Have a great semester!