Published on Brock University (http://www.brocku.ca)
Mapping the New Knowledges
Graduate Student Research Conference
Thursday, April 9, 2015
Plaza Building and Cairns Family Health and Bioscience Research Complex
Now is the time to begin thinking about taking part in Brock’s annual showcase of graduate student research and scholarship.
The conference is a wonderful way to make connections with your graduate student colleagues from all Faculties and to see the depth and breadth of graduate research activity. As well, you’ll gain valuable presentation experience that you can list on your CV and include as part of scholarship applications.
You can participate in the conference in one of three ways:
• Call for 3MT® Contest to be announced in December
The contest is open to:
To find out more about the 3MT® contest (Eligibility and Rules, Confidentiality and Intellectual Property Guidelines, Judging Criteria, Important Dates) go to the 3MT website.
• Call for Oral and Poster Proposals to be announced in January
Graduate students at all stages of their research are invited to display a poster or give an oral presentation. The Call for Oral and Poster Proposals will be made in January.
Click here for:
“Mapping the New Knowledges is a central component to the University’s declared vision and contributes to the crossing of disciplinary boundaries for faculty and students on many levels each year”
— Mike Plyley, Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies
Why Mapping matters to you
• Graduate students gain rewarding professional experience when presenting their research in these enthusiastic environments
• Through the conference, graduate students meet, interact and exchange ideas with students from all parts of the University
• Student CVs are bolstered by evidence that graduate students not only undertake research, but disseminate their findings
• Strong CVs listing successful conference presentations will support applications for scholarships
See the list of presenters at the 2014 conference in April: